hi list,

how can I forbid the installation of pulseaudio in any additional
package ? Or my be better to say - how can I get a better information
on pakages, which will require pulseaudio ?

On my ubuntu-studio-pc I must work only with alsa. But every time I
should install a needed programm, this pulseaudio is hidden behind some
other libs etc.

The result then is, that I get trouble with the latences in the
soundcard. (It's an RME-Soundcard)

>From my sight I would prefer any possibility to only install packages
without this pulseaudio. So I can see dependecies before I install some
packages. Is there any way to see this ?

An ideal way would be a special Ubuntu Studio only for ALSA sound. And
all packages that are to taken later can brought on this basis and
ALSA.
For me this would be a dream of Ubuntustudio. But maybe, some
possibilities exists to realize this behavior ?

thanks in advance
bye hans