PS: I forgot to mention, that you temporarily get English output, if
you run commands with prefixed LOCAL=C.

IOW instead of e.g. running

  aplay -l

running

  LANG=C aplay -l

gives English output.

It also works vice versa, if your locale should be English, as mine,
you temporarily could get German output:

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ aplay -l | head -2
card 0: HDSPMx579bcc [RME AIO_579bcc], device 0: RME AIO [RME AIO]
[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ LANG=de_DE.utf8 aplay -l | head -2
**** Liste der Hardware-Geräte (PLAYBACK) ****
Karte 0: HDSPMx579bcc [RME AIO_579bcc], Gerät 0: RME AIO [RME AIO]

PPS:

I've got no idea why you get hw:1, if no hw:0 is displayed and while
hw:0 is reserved for an USB device. This requires troubleshooting. If
the second device should be connected, I would expect to see both
devices. Since I've got seldom time to help and there seems to be not
much traffic on this list, consider to send a request to