Hi All,

This is a call for assistance with Testing in Ubuntu Studio.

I am currently finding it very difficult to put the time I would like
into fulfilling the role I took on some time ago, to be the Test Team
Lead for Ubuntu Studio. Therefore, I am looking for volunteers to join
the team (if not members already), and take over as Test Team Leader
after 18.04 (Bionic) LTS is released.

There is some information about the team on the wiki here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/TestingTeamPage

There is also a need to be available for release tasks during the times
we are working on the next release, or there is an update to an LTS
release. Some of the things that need to be done for a release are
listed here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/DevEvents/Release

As a summary, the role involves:
- Managing the Manual Test Cases at http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/
- Being the Release Manager at the appropriate points in the test cycle:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseSchedule
- Announcing the coming tests and encouraging others to take part in the
tests.
- Triaging bugs found during the test campaigns.
- Writing the Release Notes & helping the documentation team with text
for the announcements.

I still plan to be a member of the team to help out where I can, and to
assist the new Test Lead develop into the role. But would like to spend
what spare time I have, concentrating on getting more evidence of
uploads to Ubuntu for my Developer application.

If you would like to help out, please apply to be a member of the
testing team on Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-testing),
and let us know on the developers list that you would like to volunteer.

Lets all chip in to help make the next (and future) Ubuntu Studio
releases a success.

Regards,

Ross Gammon
US Test Team Lead