Can someone point me to a location where I can find how to mount a Samba 3 server from Ubuntu Studio 18.04 from /etc/fstab?

The method that works for me with v16 does not work with 18. This is not a Studio problem but appears to be an Ubuntu problem.

With the v16 Studio system, which is a desktop residing on the same Ethernet network with the FreeBSD NFS 4 servers, using an NFS mount is not a problem.  I haven't tried that yet with v18.

I can report that I'm finding Ubuntu Studio more reliable than MS Windows 7 for my uses, which include LibreOffice, OpenShot, and Audacity.  I am having problems with Firefox (the "menu" icon doesn't open quickly; I solved that by installing Chromium.

I am running 16 on a desktop (Supermicro X7DAE/two Xeon quad core) and an old Dell 6320 notebook (Intel i5 CPU).  I run 18.04 on an HP 17T Envy notebook (Intel i7 quad core).

Mike Squires