Hi,

You used the wrong mailing list for support. Please use Ubuntu Studio
Users mailing list (ubuntu-studio-us...@list.ubuntu.com) for support in
the future. In the meantime, I've redirected this question to that
list.

On Sat, 2019-03-02 at 02:11 +0000, 0therm...@protonmail.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> When I try to watch youtube videos on firefox while jack is running,
> the video wont play. As soon as i stop jack it will play. Does anyone
> else experience this?
>
> I'm using a fresh install of ubuntu studio 18.10 (though i
> experienced the same issue with 16.04)
>
> thanks !

What you're describing is what happens when Jack takes-over for
PulseAudio. If you're using Ubuntu Studio Controls in 18.10, it can
configure PulseAudio to be bridged to Jack and assigned to your
outputs. There is no need to use qjackctl as of Ubuntu Studio 18.10.

So, in summary, Jack is designed to take-over your audio system from
PulseAudio (which is what non-jack-aware applications use) unless you
use the PulseAudio bridge, which can be configured from Ubuntu Studio
Controls 1.6 (included in Ubuntu Studio 18.10) and higher.

I hope that helps.
--
Erich Eickmeyer
Council Chair