Hi,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 9:07 AM, AURO KUMAR SAHOO <aksahoo.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry, it's 18.10 .
I have 18.04 but for gimp 2.10 I switched to 18.10. In 18.04 there is no problem, but mouse is lagging in 18.10.

I made fresh install.
So I think all is going well in 18.04 but don't know why this is happening in 18.10

The mouse lagginess is a known problem with the kernel in 18.10 (really, since 17.10). There have been several patches to the kernel since 18.10 was released, including a patch that fixes the mouse lagginess for most people. So, a "fresh install" is a bad indicator. Try updating (in the terminal: sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade).

Another thing to try is to booting your computer without the USB mouse plugged-in, and then plugging it in once booted. That's a workaround that some people have reported to work.

If that doesn't work, try the generic kernel (sudo apt install linux-generic). In theory this shouldn't make a difference, but it's worth a shot.

Try these steps and report back.

--
Erich Eickmeyer
Council Chair