Mac,I had the same problems in 18.04 after enabling the PPA backports with
Ubuntu Studio Controls not remembering any of the Jack autostart settings after
reboot. This was about a month ago. I disabled Auto Start Jack and the 3 Jack
bridge settings but they woukd be re-enabled after rebooting. Chris
-------- Original message --------From: Mac <macdroi...@gmail.com> Date:
21/04/2019  4:12 pm  (GMT+00:00) To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion
<ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: [ubuntu-studio-users] 18.04
backport,     Ubuntustudio controls and ffado Hi,I have never been able to
start and when needed restart jack successfully on a particular PC. When I
would start Qjackctl and start with ffado it would work fine, but, if for any
reason I needed to stop (in Qjackctl) and start again, it would just complain
it couldn't connect to the server. Reboot and it was good for one start again.
(And, I've always wondered why at some point I started seeing my AF12 available
as 12 channels in pulse audio control. I have recently learned this was because
firew was added to the alsa stack.)So when I saw the backport that added Ubuntu
Studio Controls if figured it would be good to give it a go.And it appears to
work ok. Start/start as needed...great. It appears to be using the alsa stack
with jack...good, I guess?But, when I started to get into things, during
playback I would occasionally get a loud digital sounding burst (and I mean
loud, speaker/eardrum damaging loud).I had never had such issues with
jack/ffado. So I set out to try just jack/ffado, no alsa.Unfortunately:- I
can't seem to stop jack/alsa from starting.- Unbuntu Studio Controls will not
save the selections for Auto Start Jack or Bridge ALSA, etc.If I issue a
jack_control stop, set the device, etc. then jack_control start it complains:
Generic failed to open server.Any ideas why UnStudio Controls won't save my
selections?Any guidance on how to not use alsa and use ffado?Thanks,Mac