First, I'm not a Linux guru; most of my experience has been with SunOS and FreeBSD.

Is there any evidence the card is recognized and is connecting? Are there errors in "/var/log/syslog"?  I assume that you've looked at the network settings being used and tried reconfiguring the interface.

This sounds to me like a system configuration issue or an Ubuntu problem, not a Studio problem, to me.

I would definitely do a Google search using the Ubuntu Studio version asking if an update had caused network problems.  I found some possibly related answers, but I don't know if any of them fit your problem.  These were all from "askubuntu.com".

If that doesn't work you'll need to ask for more detailed help, probably on "askubuntu.com".

I think that you'll need to provide the Ubuntu Studio version and possibly Linux kernel version, the hardware you're using including the Ethernet hardware.  I ran "lspci" and it shows I'm using an Intel 82574L GigE network interface.  I ran into similar problems using FreeBSD with a RealTek Ethernet interface and it turned out to be a problem with RealTek's information provided to open source programmers which is why all of my systems now run Intel Ethernet hardware.

Mike Squires