On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 6:35:52 AM PDT rsbrux wrote:
> I am using the default Ubuntu Studio Dark theme in 22.04.1 LTS but am
> frustrated with it.  I find the contrast poor and the icon size too small.
> The “Configure Icon Size” slider in “System Settings” is disabled, and the
> 22px icons are very difficult to make out, e.g. in the Krusader toolbar.
> The mouseover text in “System Settings – Icons” says “Extra icons only
> Studio uses”.  Does this mean that this is not a “full icon theme”? I am
> afraid to change to a different icon theme which might be lacking icons
> peculiar to Ubuntu Studio.  What can I do?

To be honest, the Ubuntu Studio icon theme merely sets the distributor-logo
icon as the Ubuntu Studio logo and inherits the Papirus icons. If you don't
prefer this, just go to System Settings -> Appearance, -> Icons and select a
different theme. If there's nothing there you like, click on "Get New Icons"
where you can download hundreds more icons themes. You can also browse these
at https://store.kde.org, though installation from there is quite a bit more
complex.

You are never obligated to stay with the default Ubuntu Studio theme, it's
just a starter. Whatever you choose to do is completely up to you. This is one
of the reasons why KDE Plasma was chosen as the default desktop environment.
We saw that our users wanted to make a desktop that suited them, and this
desktop provides the most flexibility in that area.

--
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader - Ubuntu Studio