The proposal to merge
lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/ubuntu-rssreader-app-startup-time into
lp:ubuntu-rssreader-app has been updated.

Description changed to:

Gentlemen, some time ago Joey noted, that startup time of our app is slow when
database become big (2k+ records in his case). So I reworked it, and here is
some hard data:

1. I achieved reduction (~10 times) of startup time by means of delayed DB
access for separate topic (tabs). Memory usage is also reduced significantly.
The cost of this change - first access to any topic become little bit slower
(50 msec).
2. Improved initialization of "Shorts" tab in list mode (from 1396 msec to 56
msec, more than 20 times faster).
3. Improved update mechanism - now it works much faster and safe.

Someone should test it on a device.
Large DB can be found here (I hope there is nothing personal):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B07jhyL8-HtcNGpJMW9IcFo0R2VrUmwyYTlKQ1ZvZ25jZ3ZN&authuser=0

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/ubuntu-rssreader-app-startup-time/+merge/253769
--
Your team Ubuntu RSS Feed Reader Developers is requested to review the proposed
merge of lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/ubuntu-rssreader-app-startup-time