This issue is still present after OTA-9 update.
Same behavior also with photos. You take a photo with the camera, then you open
the *.jpg file from the File Manager, and a new copy of the file is created.
The original file is stored in /Pictures/com.ubuntu.camera
The copy will be stored in  /Pictures/imported

File Manager Developers, which is subscribed to Ubuntu File Manager App.

Title:
  Open media files through the File Manager will generate a copy file

Status in Ubuntu File Manager App:
  New

Bug description:
  I recorded a video  named "videos20150720_212940731.mp4" which path is
"/phablet/Videos/com.ubuntu.camera" by Camera App .
  And then open the File Manager App to find it, and open it. It will open with
Gallery App. When return File Manager, I found there is a copy of the same
video. Each time when I open a media file from File Manager App, there will
generate a new copy of the same file.
  When I open the folder use PC, I found the copies are some "tmp" files.