Hi,

2010/2/25 David Planella <david.plane...@ubuntu.com>:

> I had a quick chat with Michael Vogt and suggested him to integrate the
> help file with ubuntu-docs. This would give the benefits that:
>
>      * Translations would be more visible to translators, as they'd be
>        in the Ubuntu templates list at translations.lp.net/ubuntu
>      * They'd be shipped as part of ubuntu-docs, and integrated in the
>        package's workflow (i.e. translations would be built before
>        NonLanguagePackDeadline)
>      * This will make it possible to ship only the translations in the
>        user's locale (as opposed to all translations). Now ubuntu-docs
>        are part of language packs.
>      * It would be consistent with what other Ubuntu applications do at
>        the moment with documentation (e.g. usb-creator)
>
> Michael told me he hadn't any strong view for one approach or the other,
> so I suggested I'd contact the documentation team to integrate the
> documentation in ubuntu-docs.
>
> Before I do that, what do you guys think?

I think we should go that way for now, or we might end up with no
translations at all for the Software Center help.
But I think we should really consider shipping separate packages for
documentation in the future, and also maybe talk with the doc team
about splitting up the documentation (but that's another topic
probably not for this mailing list).

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <m...@ubuntu.com>