** Changed in: openoffice.org (Ubuntu)

Translations Coordinators, which is subscribed to Ubuntu Translations.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/33294

Title:
  [upstream] Openoffice does not use $LANGUAGE variable

Status in The OpenOffice.org Suite:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
  Triaged
Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Openoffice only reads the $LANG variable to set the language. In some
  scenarios it's necesary to use multiple locales, falling in different
  locale if one is not avaiable.

  The variable $LANGUAGE provides a list of ordered locales separated
  by ':', that openoffice should try before fall back to 'C'.

  For example, I speak galicia, spanish and english, so my LANGUAGE var is:
  LANGUAGE=gl:gl_ES:es:es_ES:en:en_GB:en_US