We have decided to stop stripping translations from desktop files, see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-
devel/2011-September/thread.html#5464

** Changed in: kde4libs (Ubuntu)

Translations Coordinators, which is subscribed to Ubuntu Translations.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/749379

Title:
  "Desktop" string is not translated in KDE

Status in Ubuntu Translations:
  Invalid
Status in “kde4libs” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  "Desktop settings" string should be translated in KDE (see
  screenshot). The word "Desktop" comes from /usr/share/kde4/services
  /plasma-containment-desktop.desktop file from plasma-desktop but for
  some reason "Desktop" is not translated.

  The string is of course translated upstream and can also be found in
  launchpad: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source
  /kdebase-workspace/+pots/desktop-kdebase-
  workspace/lt/+translate?search=&show=all&start=646

  All other plasmoids and containments are correctly translated, this
  happens only with Desktop containment.

  I tested this with Lithuanian, Russian and German languages, so it
  probably happens with all languages.