Hello Samir,

thanks for getting back to me.
I added Jeoren, Laura and David in CC, they are all involved with
translations in Launchpad and Ubuntu, and might give you an idea of
what can be done or what are the issues we are facing.

What you are doing is remarkable, we really do not want to stop you
from doing it, I hope my first message was not misleading on that
front.
As it stands today, though, some of that work might be void due to how
"universe" translations work in Launchpad.

As long as you are actively sending "upstream" (to the original
projects) all the translations done, that's fine, but that will be a
manually task, probably even in the future.

The problem we are facing is on how you set up the project:

https://launchpad.net/bosnianuniversetranslation

And in particular the translation part:

https://translations.launchpad.net/bosnianuniversetranslation

If I go there, at the translation link, I can start translating even
into my own language, or even into your own language: the translation
policy is set to open.
This can, and probably will, lead to work that will never be used if
somebody discovers the project and starts translating into their own
language.

What is possible to do, might be this:
- Set up a new translation *group* dedicated to this task
- Add the Bosnian translation team as member to this group, or even
set up a separate Bosnian translation team for the universe packages,
administerd also by the Bosnian translation team
- Ask your students to join the Bosnian translation team, or the newly
created team
- Set the permission of the translation to Restricted, so that only
the people in the group and the team can translate

With time, it would even be possible to grow this group into a full
translation group dedicated for translating Ubuntu universe packages.
Some links about translations in Launchpad and Ubuntu:

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations

Let us know what you think!
Ciao.