Djihed Afifi escribió:

>> > "everything comming from the version we have in Feisty":  does that
>> > refer to translations coming from rosetta or from mainstream?
>> >
>> > I guess my question is, if I commit my translations to Gnome SVN prior
>> > to the 2.18 release, will Feisty end up having them?
>>
>> Yes, I think even if you do it post 2.18 release. Usually Ubuntu has the
>> .1 revision. After that we cannot do anything unless the new version is
>> packaged for Ubuntu officially.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Isn't that limiting a little counter intuitive? I understand that
> ubuntu has some specific messages, but having everything up hanging
> because of that is weird.

Well, the limitation is a technical one, our goal is to sync with latest
SVN version, but we are not yet there.

> Anyway, how can I, as the Gnome Translation Coordinator for my
> language (Arabic) ensure that ubuntu has our latest translations,
> which we do outside Rosetta? AFAIC ubuntu translation through rosetta
> is pretty much dead for Arabic, and my attempts at coordinating with
> the rosetta arabic coordinator and translators have failed, i.e no
> answers.

Well, that would be a bad behaviour from his side or just an email
problem. Could you email him with a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED] From
what I see at https://translations.launchpad.net/~naifya/+translations
he's an active translator, so it would be just an email problem or just
him being busy.

The best option, if you want to contribute with Ubuntu <-> GNOME
coordination, please, ask him to add you to the team so you can do
uploads yourself directly.

Cheers.

> Djihed

- --