> I really don't understand this. If I've modified an upstream translation which
> is under GPL and then published my work (making it avaible in Rosetta is a
> publication) it has to be under GPL, according the terms of GPL
>  itself.
>
> Bruno

Key word is "modified" here. Yes, If you modify, it should keep
original license. If you translate, you license your translation BSD,
and therefore it can be included in package you translate AND can be
offered as suggestion to other translators when translating other
packages under different licenses.

However, all this is some sort of speculation, because I still would
like to hear someone from Launchpad/Cannonical to say something on
this.

Cheers,
Peter.