On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 08:53:38AM +0200, David Planella wrote:
> El dl 28 de 09 de 2009 a les 19:10 +0300, en/na Adi Roiban va escriure:
> > I was looking at debian-installer's help template and it looks like it
> > is included in the language packs. Do we need this?
>
> I think it does not need to be included in language packs.

That's correct, it should not be.

> > Are those translations used or we just ship the upstream help?
> > https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/debian-installer/+pots/help
>
> I believe the Ubuntu translations are used in this case, but Colin
> should be able to confirm or correct this.

The upstream text is not translatable at all; we added translatability
in Ubuntu for gfxboot.

In order to take effect, the translations must be manually incorporated
into the source package.

> > Also should we rename the template (NOT the domain) to something less
> > generic. For example "debian-installer-help" ?
> >
> > Right now it is just listed as "help" and is a bit ambiguous.
>
> I agree on this, as as you say 'help' might be too generic in the global
> list of templates. Colin, would you agree in changing the name to
> 'debian-installer-help'?

I can't say I mind either way. If you can do so in Launchpad, feel free.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]