Hi Peter,

El dt 23 de 02 de 2010 a les 11:58 +0200, en/na Peteris Krisjanis va
escriure:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I know there are lot of emails with answers floatin around in this
> list archive, but as it is changing subject, I will ask again.

Never worry about asking too many questions :)

> I have debian-installer and debian-installer-help translated for Lucid
> in LP. Will they be used for Lucid LTS? If no, why not? Please give
> some update on this :)

They will be used, it's just that since they are not included in
language packs (the translations on the CD need to be available before
language packs can be used during installation), you won't see automatic
updates of the translations during the development cycle.

The developers do export the translations from Launchpad from time to
time, so it is just a matter of time until they are included. If not,
just ask again here or file a bug requesting the export against the
debian-installer package [1]

Note that as an exception to other packages, on debian-installer the
upstream translations take precedence even if the translation in
Launchpad has been explicitly changed, so if you've got fixes done in
Launchpad, you'll have to coordinate with the Debian translation team
for your language to see them in Ubuntu. You'll find more info about the
reasons behind this here [2]

Regards,
David.

[1]
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/debian-installer
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/KnowledgeBase/DebianInstaller
(the page needs some love and an update ;) )

--
David Planella
Ubuntu Translations Coordinator