El Di 23 de 03 de 2010 a les 10:35 -0700, en/na Dylan McCall va
escriure:
> On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 13:57 +0100, David Planella wrote:
> > Hi Dylan,
>
> > > While I think you don't have to file a bug about it right now, it would
> > > be very helpful if you could tell us some more about the changes, so we
> > > can decide whether they are worth breaking translations at this point.
> > > For example, I'd be interested to know:
> > >
> > >       * Which packages would be affected (the Ubuntu Slideshow, the
> > >         Kubuntu Slideshow, the Xubuntu Slideshow, the Upgrade Slideshow,
> > >         all)?
> > >
> > >       * Which exact strings would be affected and how?
> > >

> > Have you had the chance to look at this?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Regards,
> > David.
>
> Hi David!
>
> Sorry about the delay; I should have responded to this earlier,
> especially since I actually do have a list :o
>
> So, I have this going on in a bzr branch:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/ubuntu-newstrings
>
> And I have a snapshot of that on the web:
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/ubuntu/slides/index.html#?controls
>
> And there is a discussion about this in the Ubuntu forum and the
> project's mailing list. I'm hoping to catch errors nice and quickly.
>

> This is ONLY the Ubuntu slideshow that I'm playing with, though there
> are some recent string changes for the Xubuntu and Kubuntu ones as well,
> which should probably be discussed separately.
>

> Of the 52 strings total, this is changing 21 right now with another 4
> changes possibly coming.
>
> Here are the current changes, ordered by their importance:
>
> welcome.html - 2 changes
> Rewrite last two lines. Remove copied / pasted Ubuntu Promise stuff. Say
> something interesting.
>
> installing-software.html - 4 changes
> Full rewrite to fit new features and to not encourage installing third
> party software
>
> ubuntuone.html - 4 changes
> Will be changing, though I don't have the strings yet; they're coming
> from someone else. I am assuming that it'll be 4 brand new strings
> replacing the 5 current.
>
> empathy.html - 4 changes
> Title changed to “Social from the start.” Could use a better name...
>
> media.html - 3 changes
> Well, really, 1 string removed and merged into the others, so 2 changed
> strings are left ;) Mentions music store. “MP3 player” changed to
> “portable media player” along with a possibly dubious claim (should it
> be removed?) that it works with most iPods.
>
> openoffice.html - 3 changes
> Learn › Understand.
> “It can create”, not “use it to.” “Letters” › “Documents”.
> A little bit of swing for the last line.
>
> fspot.html - 1 change
> New, shorter, less insane title
>
> firefox.html - 1 change
> In last bullet point: “Add your own personal note with addons” changed
> to “Give Firefox your own personal touch with addons.”
> [...]

Thank you Dylan for the detailed info.

If you think they are worth it and they make the installer user
experience more understandable and pleasant, I'm personally fine with
the changes. In any case though, I'd like to hear what the translations
community has to say, since they are also working on this and there are
teams which have already translated all messages.

      * Translators, what do you say? (+1/-1/comments?)

Whatever the outcome is, the only thing I'd like to ask you is to have
all strings stable by DocumentationStringFreeze in two days time.

And thanks for the great work on the slideshow :)

Regards,
David.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule

--