On 07/14/2010 04:24 PM, Åsmund Skjæveland wrote:

> A specific case is the Norwegian Nynorsk (nn) translation of Rhythmbox,
> which was not previously translated upstream. I have updated the
> Launchpad translation (changing many of the existing translations) and
> committed the PO file both upstream and back to Launchpad. So the next
> time Rhythmbox is imported into Launchpad from upstream, it should get
> my new translation, which is also already in Launchpad.

Correct.

> Currently, my updated translation is marked as 'Changed in Launchpad',
> since as far as LP knows, there is no upstream translation. Will LP
> detect the new upstream translation and give them precedence
> automatically, or will the LP translations (which currently are
> identical to upstream) take precedence?

It should use the "Packaged" ones, since they are the same as the ones
currently in Launchpad. But this only works for the Ubuntu release where
the new package has been imported into (most likely Maverick), since
older Ubuntu releases carry the older package versions, where the
upstream translations didn't include Nynorsk.

> Since Rhythmbox has ~1k strings, clicking 'packaged' in LP on every one
> is not “simply” :)

Shouldn't be necessary, Launchpad should switch those automatically to
"Packaged". But in case it doesn't, just file a question on
https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta/ and ask the Launchpad
Translations team to switch all translations on this template to "Packaged".

Cheers
Arne