On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Ask Hjorth Larsen <asklar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> There have been multiple surprising string changes past the deadline
> lately.  What exactly is the deadline for translations that go on the
> live-cd?
>
> If the translations have already been exported for the live-cd, then I
> cannot guarantee that our translations are complete.  I request an
> extension of the deadline into at least the middle of next week, else
> we probably can't test the live-cd (again).
>
> Regards
> Ask

I am one of the maintainers responsible for these problems. (The
installer slideshow finally landed new strings on the day of the non
language pack translation _deadline_).

Evan sent a message on the subject, too:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2010-September/015205.html

Testing is one thing that can definitely suffer from passing deadlines
like this. What I will do to make this easier with my project is a
weekly build of the slideshow, including translations, at:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/preview/
(And I'll make it reasonably friendly to use while I'm at it. For next
week, you will be able to specify the language to view).

As I understand it, Ubiquity and so on will be getting quite frequent
releases up to the final freeze. I am also interested to know what the
reason for the non-language pack deadline is, just so I can understand
this scenario better :)

Dylan