On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 08:25, Manx Translators
<ubuntum...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> This may be unrealistic or impossible, but I think it may be too good an
> opportunity to miss. As many of you may know, OpenOffice has recently been
> forked by a consortium including Red Hat, the Gnome Foundation, and
> Canonical. The new fork is called Libre Office. It strikes me that now the
> community, and Canonical, are far more involved with the development of the
> office suite that will ship by default, and this would be a great time to
> develop a new easier method of translating Libre Office; preferably in
> Launchpad (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there were lots of problems
> with this in the past?). Maybe someone should suggest this?

Personally, I think we as translators should take part in the
up-coming and up-forming LibreOffice community, and discuss this
aspect with them. It would be indeed nice to se LibreOffice use
Launchpad for handling its translations, but I know that behind
OpenOffice there is a strong translators community (I know at least
for my language), and it would be interesting to hear what they think
about the fork and what they plan to do with regards to translations.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <m...@casagrande.name>