El dt 05 de 10 de 2010 a les 15:59 +0200, en/na David Planella va
escriure:
> Hi translators,
>
> I would like to ask for your help in a new initiative.
>
> Quoting Jono:
>
> "[...] as we have grown, I feel the typical community onboarding
> experience, that is, getting new people involved, has become overly
> complex. As such, I am kicking off an initiative with some of my fellow
> community members to identify areas in which we can fix this."
>
> In short, we are trying to assess how to make it easier to new
> contributors to participate to Ubuntu in different areas.
>
> You'll find more information here:
>
>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityReview/Sep2010
>
> We'd like to ask 5 new (or relatively new) members to the translations
> community to answer some really simple questions, which we'll use as
> feedback to identify what we need to fix or improve.
>
> So what I would like to ask you is to forward these questions to any of
> your team members that might have started to contribute recently and to
> send me an e-mail with the answers at
> david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com. I'll then process the data and
> I'll publish it on that wiki page, removing the name of the submitter in
> case he/she does not want it published.
>
> Here are the questions:
>
> Translations
> ------------
>
>       * How did you learn about this part of the community?
>       * What attracted you to this type of participation?
>       * Where did you look first for information on getting involved?
>       * Did you feel the places you looked for information were useful?
>         If not, how could we improve?
>       * When learning skills and content for participating, were the
>         resources you used useful? If not, how could we improve?
>       * What recommendations would you make for improving your
>         experience in our community?
>
> Do you think you could give a hand with that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> David.

Hi translators,

I've already received really good feedback from the Italian and
Slovenian teams [1], which will be really helpful in identifying areas
for improvement for new contributors.

I would still like to have as many participation as possible from all
teams, to make sure that the views represent a spectrum as wide as
possible of our global translations community.

So I would like to ask you that if you've got new members in your team
(or if you are new yourself!), please forward this e-mail to them to
participate in this short survey.

As a reminder, the questions were:

      * How did you learn about this part of the community?
      * What attracted you to this type of participation?
      * Where did you look first for information on getting involved?
      * Did you feel the places you looked for information were useful?
        If not, how could we improve?
      * When learning skills and content for participating, were the
        resources you used useful? If not, how could we improve?
      * What recommendations would you make for improving your
        experience in our community?

It should not take more than a few minutes to complete, and you'll be
really helping the global Ubuntu translations community in improving its
onboarding experience. The more detailed the answers, the easier it will
be to identify areas of improvement.

You can then send the answers to david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com,
I'll then process the feedback and publish them on [1].

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
David.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityReview/Sep2010/Translations