Hi Hannie

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:52 PM, lafeber-dumoleyn2
<lafeber-dumole...@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Thanks to all the reactions in the thread "Not happy at all", which I
> started in December, I can give you an update on what I have done.
> After merging manual-lucid and manual-maverick with the command 'msgmerge',
> the result is a new po-file with all the old translations in it, contrary to
> manual-maverick in Launchpad which lacks more than 400 translated
> paragraphs. I cannot upload this new po-file to Launchpad because then all
> the fuzzies are missing.
> So the only options are:
> 1. copy all the fuzzies from the po-file to manual-maverick in Launcpad.
> This is a very time-consuming job and on top of that the name of the
> original translator is substituted by the name of the person who copies the
> paragraphs. This is hardly fair to the original translator.
> 2. finish the manual-maverick po-file offline in a CAT. This would be much
> faster, but I am afraid that it will become a mess when this file is later
> uploaded to Launchpad. Besides, working offline can only be done by one
> person. And here we have the same problem, the names of the original
> translators are lost.
> Perhaps there is someone who can come up with a brilliant idea to solve
> this. I am particularly interested in how the German and Greek translation
> teams have tackled this.

It shouldn't become a mess when the file is uploaded to Launchpad
after working offline.  It might complain if the po-file header has
changed, but that should not be a problem if you choose "import"
rather than "upload".  Did you observe any problems?

Regards
Ask