El dt 05 de 04 de 2011 a les 16:06 +0200, en/na Daniel Bugl va escriure:

> Hi,
>
> I created a translation team for Austrian [German(Austria)].
>
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-at

Please use the language code for the language for the team name. It is
still German, so at least 'de' would need to be present in the name,
e.g. ubuntu-l10n-de-at.

Also, if you'd like to request the creation of a new team, please follow
the indications in the document. It'd be interesting to know for
example:

      * Is there a locale for de_AT?
      * Are you aware of any Austrian German upstream team? Would you
        also create one?
      * How are you planning to collaborate with the German team?
        Regardless of the small differences, for the most you'd be
        sharing the same translations.
      * Is there a big support for Austrian German translations?
      * Who would be doing the actual translations?

> I asked an administrator of the german translation team about the
> differences, and he told me that there are enough differences:
>
> [QUOTE]
> <gandaro> ich hab mir gerade ein paar österreichische zitate angeguckt.
> da sind genug unterschiede :)
> [/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that does not look to me like a particularly in depth
discussion about the need for creating a separate translation team, nor
a justification for dividing the translation efforts :)

Don't get me wrong, your request is perfectly valid, but I'd like to see
more discussion with the German translators on whether there is a
genuine need with the team, how they feel about it, and who is going to
maintain the translations in the long term. We just don't want to have
teams just for the sake of it, where there could be collaboration
instead.

There are other teams in similar situations, as the British or
Australian English one, or the Portuguese and Brazilian team, which are
justified either by the differences or by a strong popular support. On
the other hand, the Spanish team have managed to standardize to one team
serving all countries, despite of the country-specific variants.

I for one would suggest that you go down the same route as the Spanish
team, but I'd be also happy to continue the discussion and hear why you
think there should be an Austrian German team.

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella