Hallo fellow translators.

As some of you may have noticed Jono Bacon, the Ubuntu Community Manager, has started a project called the Ubuntu Accomplishments System. The general idea is that users can be awarded trophies when they complete a particular accomplishment. This purpose of this system is to give new users a sense of accomplishment, when they are contributing to the community, and at the same time (and most importantly) make it easy for them to discover and learn about the different ways they can contribute. You can read more about the project on Jono's blog[1]

Jono is hard at work on the implementation, but what is missing now is accomplishments. We think it could be great if there were some really good translation accomplishments right from the beginning and therefore we have started a brainstorm on this wiki-page[2] to find potential accomplishments. Please feel free to add any ideas for translation related accomplishments you can think of and also we would like some feedback on the suggestions, here on the email list.

A note for when you are coming up with suggestions, is that it is important that there is something of a learning experience in the accomplishments. Therefore, doing a lot of a particular task, e.g. like translating a string, is not a good accomplishment for this system (even though it is of course still an important contribution.) You can read more about good and bad accomplishments on Jono's blog[3].

Regards Kenneth

[1] http://www.jonobacon.org/blog/
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/TrophySuggestions
[3] http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/02/24/good-vs-bad-trophies/