Hi all,

In order to work around bug #1151621 [1], in software-center, the best
solution I have
found is to remove the offending code (which is correct, but the bug in
the underlying
libraries causes a "crash" for), which includes also removing the "Cut"
menu item from
the Edit menu. This menu entry is only used when selecting text in the
search entry,
and not by any other means. It is still possible to use Ctrl+X or the
context menu, to
cut or copy selected text from that entry.

I am therefore requesting UI freeze exception approval, so that we may
ship this
workaround in Ubuntu 13.04, as it is very unlikely the root cause will
be fixed for
it.

Thanks.

[1]