написане Mon, 06 May 2013 09:37:32 +0300, Andrej Znidarsic <andrej.znidar...@gmail.com>:

Hello!

In our team we have problems with 4 transmission strings which are of form
Downloading metadata from %1$&#x27;d %2$s (%3$d%% done).

If we try to translate these strings we get 'msgstr' is not a valid C
format string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: In the directive number 1, the
character '&' is not a valid conversion specifier.

I was wondering if there is any trick one can use to convince Launchpad to
accept these translations.

regards

Andrej

Hi,

This is Rosetta* bug found but not reported by Michael Bauer [1]. It can be solved using the hint from initial PO [2].

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

* Despite David's comments, Rosetta is "rosetta" in Launchpad code, not a "Launchpad Translations".

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2013-April/005935.html

[2] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2013-April/005937.html