написане Sat, 18 May 2013 03:05:38 +0300, Michael Bauer <f...@akerbeltz.org>:

Is there a way to request the blanking of a po with existing translations? We have resolved the issue with the translator who was very active but really not that fluent and he has voluntarily left the team so we know there isn't any more stuff coming from that side but it still leaves us with a large cleanup operation. Most of them are really bad, which is why I would like to find out if there a way of "blanking" the po's so that when the next update comes round, we don't have anything bad left in there. They are serious that bad that it would be preferrable to have English appear, rather than the translations.

I considered uploading a blank po but the system would probably flag that and not allow it, I'm guessing.

Thanks

Michael

Hi,

There is no conventional way to blank database entry in Launchpad now. There were incidences in the past with blanking so now LP just concatenates all available translations regardless to their source. Even false and broken translations are stored infinitely long.

I guess it was made partially on purpose for implementing wiki-style editing (you can change but you cannot discard).

Best regards,
Yuri