FYI, this is the answer from the phone team:

We are using maliit, the relevant project is now called ubuntu-keyboard since as you observed upstream somewhat abandoned the project..

Please create a bug there and the engineer can integrate the languages.

Cheers
Pat

https://launchpad..net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-keyboard <https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-keyboard>

26/05/2014 15:44, sgrìobh David Planella:
Hi Michael,

I'm not very familiar with Maliit, but you might want to ask the experts on the ubuntu-phone mailing list.

Cheers,
David.