On 2018-01-19 17:12, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
Let me explain what I did for the test:
I opened Ubuntu Xenial, with Unity (not the gnome shell), then I
checked xenial-proposed and restarted Ubuntu with Unity. In this
situation I see 5:05 PM instead of 17:05. I have wrongly drawn the
conclusion that the clock uses gnome. Do you know in what module I
should change this?

Well, if you see 5:05 PM in the top bar, I suspect that you have something else but Nederlands as the regional format in Language Support. Maybe you have English (United States)?

It's possible to enforce a 12-hour or 24-hour clock in the "Time & Date" settings, but the "PM" part is fetched from the applied locale, and such a thing does not exist in the nl_NL locale.

With that said, there are some time format entries in indicator-datetime:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/+source/indicator-datetime/+pots/indicator-datetime/nl/+translate

But, to be honest, I doubt you'll find the explanation there.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj