Thanks Gunnar and Sebastien for the replies.

I think that, ideally, all "app-install-data-ubuntu" translations
should be exported from launchpad,
and then the related fierfox.desktop translations should be merged
into this firefox.desktop.
That would make the task easier for the maintainer of the firefox
package on Launchpad.

I took into account this report,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1668664
and filed the following bug report for Greek:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1759833

Cheers,
Simos