Hello Gunnar,
Thank you so much for your answer, it is really helpful. I will do what you suggest. Maybe the .deb version in the next ubuntu release will be gimp 2.10. Or I can download and install gimp 2.10 manually in Bionic.
Best regards,
Hannie

Op 05-06-18 om 18:15 schreef Gunnar Hjalmarsson:
Hi Hannie!

On 2018-06-05 17:44, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
We have just finished the Dutch translation of Gimp 2.10 [1]. I have
installed gimp 2.10 in Ubuntu Bionic and ran it with this command:
flatpak run org.gimp.GIMP. Everything works fine, but I still see a
lot of untranslated strings in the menus.

Does anyone know how I can get all the translated strings in this
version of gimp?

Those translations will probably make it to the users the next time respective packaging team updates from upstream.

So, basically:

* As regards flatpak - ask those who package it for flatpak

* As regards snap - ask those who package it for snap

In other words it's not so much an Ubuntu matter.

(The .deb version in Bionic is 2.8.22, and that will probably not change.)