On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 14:53 +0100, Dean Sas wrote:

> Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > For the benefit of those who helped on irc last night, I eventually got
> > Squirrelmail to work - though with substantial difficulties.
> >
> > If anybody here (or reading the archive) has had problems with
> > Squirrelmail on Ubuntu and wants help either email me on or off list.
> >
> > Have to say, Fedora did do this (Squirrelmail) better - though it also
> > got a lot of other things pretty badly wrong, so I am very happy to keep
> > using Ubuntu.
> >

> Hi Adrian,
> Was the UID and GID of the apache user the problem in the end? Maybe a
> bug should be filed?
>
> dsas

It seemed to be: though I've had another problem since then which is
that at 7.30 every morning, as cron.daily is run, my server essentially
locks up, with the running process count heading up towards 20. Not sure
if it's related but I am not sure I have fully closed off my
squirrelmail issues until it's done/solved (there is squirrelmail script
in cron.daily but it doesn't look like something that would lock up the
server).

NB: My install was over apache2 - maybe it works well with 1.x? Anybody
else installed it?