On 19/09/06, Graeme Jefferis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Glenn J. Mason wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:22:45 +0100 (BST), Chadwick Longstaff
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm in Aberdeen.
> >>
> >> Are there any others who'd be interested in getting a
> >> group, or three, or four, together to cover Scotland?
> >
> > Hi, I'm newly in Edinburgh and occasionally make it to EdLUG meetings,
> > who are quite active.  I did get some "why Ubuntu?  Why not Debian?"
>
> I'm ashamed to admit that I've been living in Edinburgh two years now, and
> haven't got around to attending a single EdLUG meeting, although a few
<snip>

> Any others in the area?

One more here.

Same on the edlug front - long time lurker myself (6 years?) and still
haven't made it to a meeting, although I've been off in Windows land
for a good 5 of those.  Made the move from XP to Ubuntu about 6 months
ago & it's going well.

> Btw, I know that at the Forest Cafe in town, they run Ubuntu on their
> public-access internet machines, so it might be worth having a chat with
> the folks in there; maybe that would also be a good place to advertise any
> meet-ups we organise.

Sure, edlug have organised a few Install days in the recent past there
which went well (connected up with student groups and the like) and
handed out a lot of Ubuntu CDs if I remember rightly. A lot of the
groundwork in building recognition has been done for us in that
respect.

I can see a ubuntu group being good to those who are new to using
Ubuntu but not neccessarily into the whole Linux thing itself. A good
basis for learning the basics/a particular distro before going
further. In that way the groups would complement quite well.

Of course, if we organise our own meetings we'll have to remember to
actually go.

> (Oh, and hello to the list as well, while I'm at it.)

Ditto.

Martin