So there I was, about to write yet another blog article, my first since
returning from my short break and     BAM!

A sudden realisation of things I have taken for granted. Currently i am
sitting here on my Games PC ( Windows XP Pro 64 )  trying to take a
screen capture of the Save Search as a Folder feature of Mozilla
Thunderbird. Unfortunately Windows does not, as a default,  enable me to
save my windowed screen captures as a graphical format.

Oh sure I can open a document and paste the Image in  and at this point cue:

"Opening Openoffice, paste graphic, save document, close openoffice.
Rename document as .zip, open newly renamed document as compressed
folder, play hunt the image, move image to location that Picasa can grab
it from and wait for index catch up. Export image to blog, relax."

Or, I could boot my other laptop into Ubuntu , start the saved search
folder process again and then as before grab the current window with
ALT-Printscreen and then  be greeted with the option to save the image
as a graphic format in my choice.  simple, elegant and done.

This lead me to wonder what we in the Ubuntu - Uk Team might describe as
things which in hindsight we have taken for granted but have proved a
positive boon for productivity.

It made me realise that the Ubuntu Desktop feeling was more about ..
"What Next ? " than "Now What ?" , am I right ?

Nik
Ubuntu-UK Sussex.