On 10/2/06, David M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I see the beta release of 6.10 is now available.
> http://www.ubuntu.com/news/EdgyBeta
>
> Is anybody being brave and giving it a go? ;-)
I've got 4 machines running Edgy now. 2 Dual boot with XP, and my main
desktop and laptop as solo boot. The only problems I have had with
running it is Xchat crashes on the laptop every time I try to exit. I
have also have issues with AIGLX/Beryl on the laptop, but that's going
OT... :)

Saying that though, not one of the installs (all have been
dist-upgrades from dapper) has 'worked'. They all managed to b0rk at
trying to update things (mainly Xorg). I'm now confident enough that I
know the steps I need to do each time to get it up and running, but
[insert appropriate deity] help a newbie to try it :S

I especially like the new usplash & GDM themes (especially the new
startup sound!)

--
Steve Garton
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk