On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 18:18 +0100, Oliver Maunder wrote:

>         > > Can anyone help with this. I cannot print from Firefox to
>         my postscript
>         > > printers. I always get a message saying that the printer
>         will not print
>         > > on that size of paper, or words to that effect.
>         >
Many thanks for this suggestion.

> Have you got KDE installed? If so, you can use the KDE print system
> which has helped me in the past. In Firefox, go to File|Print, then
> click the properties button. Replace the "Print command" with
> "kprinter" (you might want to copy-and-paste the original to a safe
> place in case this all goes wrong.

I changed the Print Command to kprinter and kept the quotes. Should I
have done?
Firefox does print now, but the dialogue box is very much curtailed and
there would be no way to put the Print Command back in. The Print
Command box is no longer displayed.

I have looked in the package management program, but can find no
reference to Kprinter, either installed or to install. Is it part of the
KDE system?

> The next time you print, you should get the KDE print dialog, which
> gives you a lot more flexibility and control than Firefox's.
>
> Olly

Thanks for help.

Berni.