On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Martin Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On 18/10/06, Paul Sladen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, David Morley wrote:
> > > On 18/10/06, nik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  http://www.paul.sladen.org/ubuntu/uk/linux-for-human-brits-1.svg
> UKUbuntu be bettter? Or do we not want to sound like a distro.

Personally I wouldn't want to create that confusion either :)

> > The 'K' needs modifying further, the one in Ubuntu-Title is not quite right
> Did you just steal it off kubuntu or is this from somewhere else?

  sudo apt-get install ubuntu-title

is a font ("Ubuntu-Title") in the design of the original logo.  Yes, the 'k'
in that font likely came from the Kubuntu logo, which may explain why it
doesn't quite 'fit'.

> How about some obligatory flag colours? There are 3 bits to the ubuntu
> circle, perhaps pop them in there

I tried adding arms (Maypole dancing? ;-) along with the segments in the
tri-colour:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/ubuntu/uk/tricolour-circles.svg
  http://www.paul.sladen.org/ubuntu/uk/tricolour-circles.png

        -Paul
--
High on a tall bridge, surrounded by noisy lorries.  Southampton, GB