Thanks Neil. Been off line for a while but will lokk into akll you suggest.

-------Original Message-------

From: Neil Greenwood

Date: 30/10/2006 08:41:17

To: British Ubuntu Talk

Subject: Re: [ubuntu-UK] USB modem

On 27/10/06, Ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well thank you Neil and for the advice. I was trying to find a way to
transfer the saved text to XP because with Ubuntu open I cannot see the XP
drive content to do a drop so now find Ubuntu will read my memory pen so I
can use that.

That's a good way to do it. You can also

- install a 'driver' in XP that will let you read ext2/3 Linux

Partitions (this is safe, since the ext2 format is freely available)

-- google for Ext2IFS I think

- or you can get read-write access to NTFS partitions in Linux with

Some risk to your data. I think the FUSE project is currently the

Safest way to do this. If you want more info, look for fuse-ntfs, or I

Can try finding the right back-issue of Linux Format which discussed

It...