On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 19:34 +0000, Keith Bowerman wrote:
> On booting up Edgy a couple of hours ago I was advised that there were
> 10 updates available to me, mainly upgrading the kernel.  I dutifully
> downloaded them and following the usual instructions rebooted the
> machine, except that I couldn't, the loader got no further than
> of the computer (which is a Linux only machine, with various different
> distributions).  On switching back on, my computer made different from
> normal beeps, and wouldn't even load the bios, in effect leaving me
> with a dead computer as I can't now boot into the bios.

OK, I've just tried this update on my 'testing' laptop, a Dell Inspiron 2200.
It all rebooted without issues here
not very helpful in one way, I can't track down your problem amd help
you with it. But unless others report it, it looks like the problem is
at your end.

Baz
--
http://walkertopia.com/blog