Alan,

Alan Pope wrote:

> No, you ssh to her, forwarding port 5900 from your desktop to hers. Then
> you use rdesktop to view localhost:5900 and you get her desktop because
> ssh forwards those packets down the tunnel to her machine. Works well, I
> do this when I want to administer my brothers computer.

This is brilliant as I've been wondering how best to do this for a
while! Trying it out locally on my own machine, I have to use vncviewer
rather than rdesktop, but I got a window on my desktop showing my
desktop! It was very confusing!

>> One of my reasons for putting Linux on this machine rather than Windows,
>> was as she had no experience what so ever it didn't matter what system I
>> gave her, and as Linux is easier to administer remotely,  I went for that.
>>

> I came to the same conclusion when making the computer for my brother.

Great minds and all that:-)

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
Tony.