Personally, I think Linus is being short-sighted. When we have much,
much more power, and companies are actively begging to support Linux,
THEN we make the switch. This would push them, through their clamouring,
to create open specs at the very least, or better, to release GPL
drivers.

I do believe that open drivers are incredibly important. When we start
encouraging closed drivers, as the provision allows, new companies to
support the kernel (with their up-and-coming hardware that everyone has)
will not release specs, nor will they release the code (as that would
inherently imply releasing the specs). We need to keep our freedom to
see the code, and I am willing to limit my and others' freedom to use
whatever binaries they wish; be they from open, or closed, source.

--
Help me get to Venezuela!
http://tibsplace.co.uk/venezuela