Mr W. F. Vening wrote:
> Is it only me that finds mailing lists to be very non user friendly?
> And IRC is quite good when there is a meeting going on but there is
> not much which can get done when there is just a few active members.

I generally *only* use mailing lists and I do not find them a problem
at all.
What is it that you find user unfriendly about a mailing list?

I do use various forums but never on a regular basis. I find web based
access cumbersome.

It would be absolutely essential - for me - that a forum had a good
facility to receive and send email. There are very few of these I
think. A notable type that I do use regularly is yahoogroups - they
are both web based and also email based, and work well (on email
anyway). Yahoo took the facilty over from the earlier egroups some
years ago.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391