On 16/01/07, Lee Willis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Adam McMaster wrote:
> > On 12 Jan 2007, at 11:35, Lee Willis wrote:
> >

> >> - Cheap PC  with Ubuntu/SAMBA & iFolder to keep everything in sync
> >> (Anyone used this?)
> >>
> >> Any suggestions from people who've implemented one of the above (Or
> >> something similar), I'm particularly interested in how low a spec PC I
> >> could get away with for the PC options.
> >>

> > I've never used iFolder, but you might want to take a look at
> > Unison.  I use it to keep things in sync between my PC (currently
> > Debian) and my Mac, and also between my PC and my account at Uni
> > (Ubuntu).  I'm pretty sure you can run it on Windows as well, though
> > I've never tried.  It connects via SSH, so it's easy to set up.
> >
> Thanks for all the replies. I just inherited a PC from my dad (Finally
> convinced him to buy a new machine - his struggled to run Windows ME -
> sure it'll be fine for Ubuntu!).
>
> Will tweak that and see how things go. Will definitely look at Unison -
> although I was hoping for something a little more transparent.

Just been read gnome footnotes and there is a new system out called
gshare that has been designed ground up specifically for this purpose.
 It will lend itself nicely to your desktop and reading the info it
should be simple to set up take a look at http://gnomedesktop.org/

--
Seek That Thy Might Know