Some great replies- but does Ubuntu not need firewalls and virus detectors
then? and if not why not? Caroline

On 24/01/07, norman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there, I was talking to friends about Linux (Ubuntu) said it was
> free- then they all look puzzled because they have never paid for
> it ...it comes free with a new computer.....so then what is my answer?
> Caroline

The operating system, presumably Windows, comes free (actually the cost
is built in to the price I believe) but what else comes free. Microsoft
Office does not, Photoshop does not and, apart from bits and pieces
which come with such items as cameras for example, I am hard pressed to
think of what does come free. Don't forget the cost of Virus detectors
and firewalls. There's a start others doubtless will expand.

Norman

---
London School of Puppetry
www.londonschoolofpuppetry.com