On 31/01/07, Scrase, Eddie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I didn't realise Dell did that
Thats the problem, no one does that doesn't already know about Linux.

They are apparently extremely hard to find even if you are looking for
them and know they are there. It may have been improved mind.

People who know nothing about computers won't go hunting for something
that they haven't heard of.

Offer them 2 PCs identical spec, prices varying to reflect cost of
software and they may well go for Linux.

If the prices are the same (because the company is ripping the
customer off), then they won't.

Slight correction, searching for Linux does return some results, but
they say WindowsXP on the search page. But if you click on them you
can chose Linux.
(seems I searched for Linux you thought the search system would be
smart enough to display that wouldn't you?).

Ah I clicked on customise, went to OS and see Linux is not there!
I will poke around further if I still can't find it Dell will be
getting a strongly worded email.

> The nice people at the Linux Emporium
> (www.linuxemporium.co.uk) sell laptops with Suse Linux pre-installed.
People won't by from websites they've never heard of.

_ Andy