On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 18:37 +0000, Sean Miller wrote:
> Freddie Ruddick wrote:
> > Has everyone seen this? Posted on BBC Technology News a few days ago.
> > Basically highlighting the whole "Microsoft has control, you don't,
> > deal with it" system.
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6319845.stm
> >
> I did see this, Freddie, and thank you for posting it here.
>
> The folks who've posted in reply to you have made comments which suggest
> they haven't read it because it has little to do with "eye candy" or
> having an OS "imposed" but more about how terribly sinister and "big
> brother" the whole "Vista experience" seems to be.

I have read it and am aware of the DRM and other 'big brother' aspects of
Vista. Microsoft
has always had 'strong' EULA, like the one for media player. I think my
'eye candy' comments stand, because people will be 'stuck' with vista as
it will be preinstalled on everything.

The question is: will people care about the privacy issues on Vista?

Baz

--
http://walkertopia.com/blog

Cock, lock and ready to rock!