Tony Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Matthew,

Matthew East wrote:
> On Tue, February 6, 2007 8:46 am, Alan Pope wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 01:04 +0000, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>>> If somebody comes up with a good text I'm happy to put it in
>>> mailman's post to new subscribers.
>>>

> How about the following:
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/lists/etiquette

Looks good, although I'd like to see a bit more about quoting. It should
suggest users intersperse their replies with the original message, so
that responses to points follow the points raised in the original.

Posters should also separate the points they are making with blank line
breaks.

Or is that too complicated for newbies?

Regards,
Tony.
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED], H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

Perhaps a tad patronising Tony. We newbies might develop better in an
environment where we don't feel an encumbrance to such accomplished users!

  Doog